Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Face for Radio?

An old radio friend asked if I would be interested in recording an Internet radio show based on this blog. It would be a live show but then a recorded link would be available for download. I could have a guest or two and take calls or questions/comments via email or text messages. This isn't a paying gig but it would be good promotion for the blog and my book. It would also provide people with MS and their loved ones with another place to learn about MS and talk about their own feelings and experiences with the disease.

So, why am I afraid? Don't get me wrong. I'm not going to let the fear stop me. I plan to call my friend this weekend and start thinking about guests. I might ask Ken's sister who is a hoot and a half with MS and thyroid cancer. I think I might want to promote it as an "anti-support" group where people with MS can come together without having to get dressed, get a babysitter, or suffer the annoying people at the MS Society meetings. And, best of all, I won't have to suffer the annoying people. I can hang up on them! The power!

Part of my fear is that whole, "what if I have a party and nobody comes?" thing. What if no one logs on to the live event? What if no one calls or emails in? What if the host site manager says, "Ya, we thought it was a good idea, but we were wrong"? What if my voice annoys people? What if it's a big hit and I have to stay up even later at night to write the next show?

2 comments:

  1. Hey there J!
    Go for it. Charles already does podcasting and I do the body of his Wednesday podcasts. It's fun. And actually, I think it's improving my writing skills. As I speak what I've written, I can better distinguish between intelligent rambling vs. unintelligent rambling. It will also add to your resume and keep those speaking skills from getting rusty.

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to call Tim after I move and move forward with this. Thanks for the encouragement!
    Lazy J

    ReplyDelete