Monday, April 21, 2008

New Apartment...?

I think I found a new apartment in Milton. I haven't signed the lease yet but the landlord and I have a verbal agreement. There are three bedrooms (2 upstairs and 1 down), one bathroom (2 would be better but it's bigger than mine now), a front porch, a back porch, a yard for the kids to play in, a washer/dryer in the kitchen (I will not miss leaving the apartment to go to the laundry room and paying $1.25 per wash and another $1.25 per dryer load), hardwood floors, a dining room, etc, etc. The funny part is that it's only one street away from where we lived when Ruby was born.

Ruby and Zane came with me to look at the place which is not usually ideal. (Imagine saying, "No you won't sleep in that bed;" "Please don't touch those toys--they're not ours;" "Mommy's talking, please don't interrupt;" etc, etc. as you walk through a space.) The funny thing is that Ruby, who has not been keen on moving, was very excited to see her future PINK bedroom, the yard, and the place in general.

I'm aware that I once wrote about a Volvo KGB sedan that never came to be which is why this is only tentative good news. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Fingers and Toes crossed on all our 8 hands and feet!!

    ReplyDelete