Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Universe is So Funny

Ruby, Zane, and I went to my cousin Karen's Christmas party on the Cape last night. It was nice to see people I hadn't seen in a while even if I saw pity in some eyes and knew that they had been told about my MS.

I sat at a table next to a lovely woman who has had MS for 8 years. Like me, she is divorced and a firm believer in focusing on feeling good--inside and out--and trying whatever works whether its origins are Western, Eastern, mainstream, or alternative. We exchanged email addresses and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

Remember Fernando? The LDN guy who drives me crazy? Well, he posted something that was really meaningful for me today. Maybe, just maybe, I misjudged him. Or maybe the problem was judging him at all.

What if... we had a guarantee that the problem bothering us would be worked out in the most perfect way, and at the best possible time? Furthermore, what if we knew that three years from now we'd be grateful for that problem, and its solution? What if... we knew that even our worst fear would work out for the best?

What if... we had a guarantee that everything that's happening, and has happened, in our life was meant to be, planned just for us, and in our best interest?

What if... we had a guarantee that the people we love are experiencing exactly what they need in order to become who they're intended to become? Further, what if we had a guarantee that others can be responsible for themselves, and we don't have to control or take responsibility for them?

What if... we knew the future was going to be good, and we would have an abundance of resources and guidance to handle whatever comes our way?

What if... we knew everything was okay, and we didn't have to worry about a thing? What would we do then? We'd be free to let go and enjoy life.

Today, I will know that I don't have to worry about anything. If I do worry, I will do it with the understanding that I am choosing to worry, and it is not necessary.

Melody Beattie ©


No comments:

Post a Comment