Thursday, December 27, 2007

My eyes and arms

My eyes have been bothering me for about a week and my arms for a few days. I called the neuro last week and didn't realize I got a call back. By the time I heard the call back message, it was Friday and with Christmas coming, I decided I didn't really have time to deal with it anyway. So I didn't call back until this morning. I described my symptoms to the secretary and I'm waiting for a call back from Dr. Pless. I feel like I'm making a big deal out of nothing or maybe I'm not making a big enough deal out of something. I don't like the ambiguity of this disease. I'm wicked tired, like bone tired, could curl up on my office floor tired, first trimester of pregnancy kind of tired. (I am absolutely, positively not pregnant, by the way.) I slept 9 hours last night and I've had three cups of coffee so far and I'm still tired.

I want a plastic pop up turkey timer thing to poke out of my navel when I'm having a relapse. It could play a song like, "Doctor, Doctor, Give me the News, I gotta bad case of MS blues" when it pops up to tell me it's time to call the doctor. Then, when I call, I don't have to try to describe how my eyes don't work as well when I walk and that I used to be freakishly strong but now a 2-liter bottle of soda feels heavy. I could just say, "My timer popped up!" and the neuro would tell me what to do to "reset my timer."

No comments:

Post a Comment