Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ho Ho Ho!

The kids got up at 6:15 this morning and convinced me to let them go out to open stockings and presents at about 6:18. I was exhausted but seeing their excitement and joy energized me.

After they tore up the living room, I tried to make gingerbread women-shaped pancakes. Although it was an aesthetic failure, they tasted yummy and the kids and I ate up the entire batch in our jammies.

John came by to get the kids at noontime. Ruby was dressed in a bunch of mismatched but incredibly colorful new clothes and Zane wore his Scooby Do Christmas shirt. Ruby brought a bag of her gifts to his house, including an electronic Sudoku game Ken gave her and a manicure station from me. (Apparently those were her top two gifts this year--It's so hard to know which ones are going to be the big hits and which ones will be duds.) Zane took his new Superman figure and a huge Rescue Heroes truck I gave him.. He insisted on rolling it all the way out to John's car.

I wanted to go to the Alcathon today. I wanted to go for a walk. I still might but it's now almost 2:30 and I'm stuck to the couch like Velcro. The kids won't be home until 7pm. Maybe I'll make a goal of getting up at 3:30...or 4:00...or maybe even 5:00. I'm lazy but quite peaceful and happy in my lassitude. Happy Lazy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment