Friday, October 19, 2007

www.gratefulness.org
WORD FOR THE DAY
Friday, Oct. 19

Paradoxically, we achieve true wholeness only by embracing our fragility and sometimes, our brokenness. Wholeness is a natural radiance of Love, and Love demands that we allow the destruction of our old self for the sake of the new.

- Jalaja Bonheim, Aphrodite's Daughters

I feel broken and fragile today. (But, according to the Word for the Day that Theresa just sent me, I'm supposed to "embrace" it. ) Hard day at work yesterday (whatever could go wrong did) and my right leg, from my hip to my toes is simultaneously crampy, numb and tingling. It's going on day 2 so I'm pretty sure it didn't just "fall asleep." I called the neuro to ask if I should just suck it up and say "this is another thing I hate about MS" or if I'm supposed to come in and/or do something. I'm waiting for a call back.

The woman who bartered her housecleaning for the Buick is coming over this morning. (Hmmm? She's VERY late, but she doesn't have the car yet.) I'm mortified because I couldn't clean before she came...or even pick up the piles of dirty laundry. Uggh. I think I'm going to put stuff in my room and make that off limits this time. Baby steps, baby steps.

We're going to Karen Teacups for a turkey dinner tonight. I'm making and bringing the stuffing. Karen and Richard said I could leave Ruby and Zane there for an hour or so when I go to my second chapter meeting of the MS Society. Dr. B (who is an MS Neurologist and beloved by the MS community) is going to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment