Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Post Super Tuesday

I voted in my state primary election yesterday. My candidate did not win in my state. It probably will not come as a surprise to regular readers that, although I am a registered independent (called unenrolled in Massachusetts), I chose to take the Democratic ballot. I really, really wanted to vote for a woman and was excited that, for the first time ever, that was an option. Hillary, however, is not my woman. Not now anyway. If she wins the Democratic nomination, I will, most likely rally behind her because McCain, Romney, and Huckabee scare the crap out of me. I like Barack and I would love to see how his fresh perspective and energy could improve the country.

I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote. I love voting. I feel like I am standing on the backs of Elizabeth Caty Stanton and every suffragist who fought for womens' rights to vote. There are people who died for the right to vote in this country and people who still don't have that right in other countries.

Hang on to your seats. November is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment