Thursday, October 02, 2008

Post VP Debate Concern

Hi, My name is Sarah Palin and I am adorable. When I'm afraid you start to forget that fact, I will smile, tip my head and, even wink. I am going to control the conversation by bringing it back to the jobs, jobs, jobs, energy, energy, energy, because those are the topics that I rehearsed the most. I will be folksy and cute and talk right to middle America via the camera. I will talk really fast so hopefully people won't notice when I called my opponent O'Biden and said that there was toxic waste on Main Street that filtered down to Wall Street (instead of toxic waste on Wall Street, filtering down to Main Street.) .

I will continually mispronounce NUCLEAR so it sounds like a dessert. I will wear a black suit and neutral-colored lipstick so you think I'm smart and serious. I will breathe a sigh of relief when the moderator does not ask me about abortion rights or embryonic stem cell research. I will present myself as being from a diverse family because I have a 3rd cousin who's a redhead.

I think she won by not spinning COMPLETELY out of control. I think he won by showing his passion, intelligence, humanity, and knowledge. Most of the pundits are saying he won. But what about middle America? Will they recognize how well-rehearsed she was? I think she scares the crap out of me. Imagining her as McCain's VP seems absurd. He has had melanoma 4 times and would probably die within a year or two. The idea of her being Prez is ridiculous. She isn't running for that office but she may inherit it while in waiting.

In the meantime, I plan to join MoveOn.og, on a trip this Saturday. I will canvas on Obama's behalf in the nearby swing state of New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment