Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Interesting Career Happenings and Health Updates

I can only hint at the interesting career happenings (this is the downside to public journaling) but it's all good. Or gonna be. It's weird. I'm writing this book/blog and totally comfortable laying it all out there. For some ridiculous reason, however, it never occurred to me that the lack of inhibition would cross the personal/professional barrier...until today.

I am who I am everywhere I go, but I usually ease work people into the true, authentic me in my full glory. This blog has erased that easing-in process. No more wading into the shallow end. If you're all out there, you can't pull yourself back in on a case-by-case basis. It's all out, or all in. I guess I'm all out. And, you know what? As frightening as that seems, it's kind of a relief. Here I am. Take me or leave me.

The health updates (mine and Tim's) are mixed.

First Tim: I realized today that I never wrote about how Tim did not, in fact, need a lung biopsy, and he was ultimately diagnosed with atypical pneumonia that was initially resistant to antibiotics. He is back at home and back at work. PHEW! (Thank you God/Goddess/Universe.) I realized I never provided that update when I saw Bond Cindy Bond this morning and she asked about him. (Her name is not a typo. When I first met mi amiga, Cindy, one of our WBUR colleagues who crushed on her used to play off the James Bond introduction).

Now, my health update: I'm having some medication toxicity issues. I'm still fine--you can ask Cindy. There's still no slurring or foot dragging. I was tempted to tease her by limping and drooling into the room since we haven't laid eyes on each other for over a year, but I spared her my sick MS humor. The neuro and I will have to determine whether the positive outcome of the meds outweighs the bad effects on my liver and possibly switch to something else. Hopefully, it won't be one of the 5 day a week , big needle injections. I am already one big bruise and summer is just around the corner.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie - visiting your blog as a result of the Carnival of MS Bloggers thing and had to comment on this post! I've also just had the liver toxicity thing, in my case because of the combination of meds I take for MS and various other ailments I have (what can I say, I'm greedy!), so we've just been having a great time stopping and starting meds, changing dosages, so on and so forth.

    Life with MS...one great adventure into the unknown ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Funky Mango. I visited your blog but I can't seem to comment. Either I'm technically retarded or I need a Wordpress account. Anyway, I didn't know that about zombies so I learned something new. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. I will visit yours again and if my mind sparkles (MS) cooperates, maybe I'll even figure out how to comment.
    Lazy J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to approve your first comment...after that, you should be fine. I set it like that because I was having a lot of nasty spam. Mind you I changed some settings recently so I'll look to make sure I haven't set it to something like "nobody called Julie can comment"....

    Margo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. best of luck with the career happenings. look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Anonymous. Would you, by any chance, happen to be my ex-husband? I recently learned that he/you is/are a regular blog reader and encouraged him/you to comment if he/you is/are so inclined (rather than call me and comment directly). The whole anonymous thing is weird. I CHOOSE to be public(obviously) and I respect anyone and everyone's right to anonymity, but it makes me SO curious. Oh well. Welcome and blog on, Anonymous, whether you are an ex or a stranger.
    Lazy J

    ReplyDelete