Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday Doctor Seuss!


I can't believe I missed Dr. Seuss' birthday! After all, I have One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish tattooed on my lower back! I regularly quote Green Eggs and Ham, "I do not like them Sam, I am."

I discovered my oversight because it is 1:29 a.m. and I am still awake. I am writing, working and watching that Craig Ferguson guy with the Scottish accent. He read Dr. Seuss on the air in celebration of the big b-day. But then I googled Dr. Seuss and discovered that the birthday was the first week in March. Oh well. Happy Belated!

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. Julie, it's Christine, Liz's sis-in-law. Just spotted your story in Lola. Go you! I send you big hugs and warm wishes. (I would also send you a dishtowel or a potholder, but I think I already did that once.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine! I felt guilty all over again reading about the dishtowel. If my memory serves, I signed up but then never sent MY kitchen item to the next person on th list. I don't do well with chain mail.

    Thanks or the warm wishes and big hugs. I hope you are doing well and that you aren't drying your hands on your pants after doing the dishes.

    Peace,
    Lazy Julie

    ReplyDelete