Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Counting Crows

When I'm working on more than a few hours sleep, I'll write about my 14-year love of Counting Crows and my idea for a book called Stupid Things People Say and Do to Famous People. This yet to be compiled collection of interview stories would be modeled after Stud Terkel's Working. It was inspired by the first time I met Counting Crows lead singer Adam Duritz. It was bad...really, really bad. I've often wished for Superman's powers so I could fly around the world backwards and turn back time.

Oooooh. Maybe I'm missing an opportunity here! Since this blog has so many visitors, maybe you can be my interview subjects!!!!! If you have a story of something stupid that you said or did to a famous person, send me your story! If the book is published I will give you a copy and send a copy to the famous person in your story along with the suggestion that you be given another opportunity to meet them and not act stupid.

But I digress. Counting Crows came out with a new album today, Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings. I pre-ordered it from Amazon and my CD arrived in my office this morning. (I now own an MP3 player but I still buy CDs because I like holding something in my hands and reading the liner notes.) I waited all day to tear open the cellophane so I could listen to the CD all alone on my drive home.

After just one listen, I've concluded a few things: It's very different; I like it; I would still do Adam Duritz in a heartbeat; and I need to find a friend who hasn't aged out of wanting to stand in the front row to see Counting Crows when they go on tour again.

Follow this link to get to the video for the first single off the new album: You Can't Count on Me.

And, if you're up for the front row at a general admission show, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment