Thursday, August 08, 2013

The Ride to the Bracelets

I love my job but I have a very long and sometimes difficult commute to and from work everyday on The Ride, which is the Boston-area public transportation service for people with disabilities (a.k.a. The Short Bus).  I started Tweeting to pass the time today. If you're on Twitter and are interested in reading my Tweets from The Ride follow me: @TheRideTales. Today was kind of boring, but I swear it's not always that way! I've been entertaining my Facebook friends with my crazy stories for a couple years. Maybe The Ride heard I was tweeting about them and they shaped up their act today. The power of social media!

Although my commute home was only an hour and 20 minutes today (it's been as long as 2 1/2 hours), I came home kind of worn out. I was thrilled to walk in the door and find a package addressed to me!  Who doesn't like presents in the mail? Inside today's package was a plethora of "Join the Movement" bracelets from Aileen at the Greater New England Chapter of  The MS Society. I plan to sell them for $1 each at our 8/31 Yard Sale to benefit the MS Challenge Walk.

If you live in my area, and want to drop off stuff for us to sell at the yard sale, drop me a line! 100% of the proceeds will go to our fundraising goal for Fish Out of Water, our MS Challenge Walk team.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with your yard sale this weekend.

    ReplyDelete