Friday, March 26, 2010

Hit Me With Your Best Shot!

I've now been on daily injections of Copaxone for two weeks and I've figured out how not to give myself painful bruises.
  1. Pick an injection site you haven't used in a week (e.g., back of arm, thigh, butt, or belly).
  2. Place a warm pack on the injection site for about a minute.  
  3. Swab with alcohol and administer the shot. 
  4. Apply an ice pack on the injection site for about 5 minutes.
 Voila! No pain and no bruise. This is huge for a wimpy, vain woman like myself who doesn't want to look like a domestic violence victim when wearing a bathing suit in Myrtle Beach next month.

Thanks for letting me share.





5 comments:

  1. Like a simple hot/cold washcloth, dampened and nuked or kept in the fridge? I don't get many bruises, but almost all of the shots hurt. Still, I wonder if it would be worth the bother since I do it right before going to sleep. Hmmm. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear you've got this figured out, julie! i think copaxone is the only treatment i never tried! heard it does well, but i'm staying with avonex now...my daughter gives me the shots, & she's good at it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As pretty as you are I have no doubt that you wil look fantabulous in your bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. I LOVE anonymous compliments. I get to imagine that they are coming from GORGEOUS men who are secretly crushing on me. :-)

    ReplyDelete