Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lazy Side Effect Sunday

The kids are watching Cyberchase. I just finished my novel. Lazy, headachey day. Pissed off because I got the code for my volvo stereo but the speakers or antenna or something must be broken because there is no sound. Grrr.

I NEED a gratitude list:


  • I have two beautiful children.
  • I have wonderful friends and a fabulous boyfriend.
  • My cat Pepper is still alive and well.
  • I have a roof over my head.
  • I have a car (actually, I still have 3 until I turn over the title to my new housecleaner on Tuesday and the van title to the Mohammed from Canada on 10/15.)
  • I have a higher power.
  • I am clean and sober.
  • I don't smoke anymore.
  • I have food in the cupboards.
  • I have enough money in the bank to pay my bills and not be too panicky when I think about "what if...?"
  • I have a great job I love with the best boss I've ever had.
  • I have health insurance.
  • Tomorrow is a holiday so I have another day to rejuvenate before jumping back into work.
  • I am already on the couch and the kids are coloring and watching educational cartoons so the world won't end if I fall asleep right now like I want to do...

It's a few hours later. I'm still on the couch. I got up and made a healthy lunch for the kids (I ate turkey and carrots at the counter) and now I'm back. I called nurse Gina and we think the way I'm feeling is the "flu-like" symptoms that the Rebif can cause in the beginning. Side effects. Yay.

I have about 3 1/2 hours to lay here while the kids play, watch PBS kids, color, etc. to get it together to take a shower, go to the store, and buy a green vegetable to cook at Teacup's where we are going for dinner at 5:30. Can I do it?

2 comments:

  1. I keep thinking that the WHOLE medical system is going to be changed once you get through with them! Keep up the good work. DW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that gratitude list! Think I'll get me one!
    BA

    ReplyDelete