Sunday, February 01, 2009

Join Team Lazy!

I formed a team to participate in the 6-mile Boston MS Walk. I would love to have you join Team Lazy as a participant or a supporter. If you can be in Boston on April 5, visit the website and join Team Lazy. For a limited time only, anyone who signs up to join our team will get a free ride in a horse-drawn chariot with a sexy servant (of either gender) to fan you and feed you grapes as you travel through the city.

Ok. Not really. But you will have a fun day and get a purple Team Lazy t-shirt, compliments of moi. And out-of-towners who I know, like, and trust with my children can even have a pull out sofa and/or floor space to sleep on.

If you aren't up for the 6-mile walk or live too far away, I hope you will consider making a donation to the cause. My personal and Team Lazy fundraising page can be found here. No contribution is too small because every little bit helps in the fight against Multiple Sclerosis.

We are walking and asking you to donate so the MS Society can find a cure. It will be a great day when no one else has to be pulled into a private room to hear those dreaded words, "You have Multiple Sclerosis."

It's funny. They pull you out of the hall to tell you in private but just the fact that they are pulling you out of the hall kinda gives you an indication that the news is not good. If test results are negative or benign, they just tell you in the hall...right?

But I digress.

As you know, I rarely use this forum as a fundraising arm for the MS Society or any other group. This is different. This is personal. Since I was diagnosed 16 months ago, I've tried to take this disease and use it to transform my life...in a good way. My goal has been to wring every bit of awareness and humor out of the lesions and symptoms, and the changes they've caused in my life. I can actually tell you that I'm grateful for the MS because it's brought me back to my writing and on the road to a truly authentic life. But now that I'm here, I'm kind of ready to let go of the MS so let's find a cure, shall we?

Seriously, though. I've tried to help others and increase awareness of MS so people won't do the arm squeeze, head tilt, and puppy dog eyes and make all of us with the diagnosis feel like we received a death sentence. It's been a pretty selfish pursuit. I've done it to stay positive and sane. Now it's time to give back. I hope you will help me do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment