Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy New Year

Do you make New Year's resolutions? A new friend suggested coming up with a list of positive things to do in the new year instead of picking random bad stuff to give up. He's chosen the number 12 for 2012 so I'll go with that, too.

Here are 12 things that I intend to do in 2012, in no particular order since I am making them up as I go along.
  1. Play with the kids more. Zane's new foosball table will help.
  2. Pray, meditate, and do my spiritual/12 step writing every day, even if it's just a few minutes.
  3. Blog more.
  4. Dance more. I started out pretty well with this one since I went dancing New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I LOVE to dance!
  5. Keep finding new ways to move my body. Last week, it was Zumba and spin class. Who knows what this week will bring!
  6. Surround myself with people who are kind and make space in their lives for me.
  7. Let go of the mean/sad stuff.
  8. Keep eating more healthy than not.
  9. Help more.
  10. Take more baths. Bonus if I use the expensive bath oil Christina bought me in England.
  11. Walk outside all year long.
  12. Do more yoga, even if it's just sun salutations in the morning.

    2 comments:

    1. I'm adding these to my list: http://www.spiritualnow.com/articles/25/1/20-Ways-to-Get-Good-Karma/Page1.html

      ReplyDelete