Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wants and Needs After 2:00 A.M.

I need to pray and meditate every day, even if it's just for 5 minutes. I also feel better when I am connected to the Universe throughout my day and trying to be focus on what's best for me and not just what I want.

I need to exercise every day, even if it's just walking for 30 minutes.

I want to go to four meetings a week.

I need to talk to someone else in recovery every day, especially the days I can't get to a meeting.

I need to keep up with the request system at work so I am getting "credit" for all my work.

I need to do less Facebook Wordscraper during my work day.

I want to blog 3-5 times per week.

I want to work on my book every day.

I want to work on my 4th step every day until I finish it.

I need to remember to take all my medications as and when prescribed, including vitamins.

I need to remember that on solumedrol infusion days like today, I really should not drink any caffeine in the afternoon or I will have trouble falling asleep...as I am now at 2:15 a.m.

I need to drink more water.

I need to call my sponsor a couple times a week, even when I'm not sure what I have to talk about.

I want to go to a meeting with her once a week.

I want to find a new counselor/therapist/social worker.

I want to plan a service or some kind of something to mark the passing of my dad. My grief group members and others will attend even if my family does not.

I want my family to attend and/or invite me to things that they are planning if they are planning them.

I want to yell at the kids less.

I want to clean up my room as often as I clean up (and make the kids clean up) their rooms.

I need to get a specific something on the books to have someone drive my bike to the shop.

I want to ride my bike more and hook up the bike buddy so I can go on bike rides with the kids.

I need to figure out how much I owe the summer day camp people and where the hell the bus is picking them up in a couple of weeks.

I need to do yoga more. (I was going to make this a want but my neuro says it's a need.)

I want to do strength training so I can have arms and legs like the woman who's had MS for 15 years that I saw at the MS Center today.

I need to get a minimum of 8 hours sleep a night and only take naps for a max of 20 minutes during the day if I really need one.

I need to eat less sugar.

I want to take a storytelling class.

I want to get a digital camera and start taking photos again.

I want to find the really expensive pedipaws nail file thing I bought for Pepper and then hid away when he died so I can file the very long nails of Bella so she will not scratch my new Craigslist sofa.

I need to call the MSPCA to see if they still have Pepper's ashes and, if they don't, I need to forgive myself for not paying $100 less to have them cremate him with other animals.

I need to find the name and number of the neuro-opthalmologist and make an appointment and then I need to get the name of that optometrist he recommended to fit glasses and contacts to people with optic nerve damage and visual impairment.

I need to turn off the computer and the light and try to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment