Monday, July 28, 2008

Optic Neuritis Webinar

My Optic Neuritis was my presenting MS symptom and is still the most annoying feature of this otherwise FABULOUS disease. When the myelin broke down on the optic nerve of my right eye, there was nerve damage and I'm now legally blind in my right eye. I still have spots of vision, though, which can be distracting some times. I tend to close that eye while driving. If I'm going to be in the car for a while I put on my pirate patch and regal the kids with my "Arrrrr" noises. I regularly experience Uhthoff's sign in busy places (stores, a crowded beach, etc.) where it's like my eyes are on information overload and I can only focus on what's right in front of me. I also regularly see have blurry spots and see blinky lights when I'm tired, particularly when I close my eyes. I passed the eye test to drive which I still do but I tend to avoid driving at night and, when I do, I'm the person doing the imitation of a little old lady on the highway going 45 mph in the right lane with my seat pushed all the way forward and my eyes squinting out the windshield.

So, when I saw this webinar offering, I signed right up. If you have or know someone with Optic Neuritis, you may want to participate. It's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment