Saturday, June 13, 2009

Zane's Birthday

Today is Zane's birthday. We had our breakfast cupcakes and presents before his dad picked the kids up for the weekend.  My former preemie, born at 28 weeks and just 2 lbs. 13 oz., is 6 years old. Although everything beyond breathing still seems like a bonus, he is so very much more than that. He is smart, has big brown eyes with lashes to die for, has a scientist's curiosity about the world, loves dancing, pepperoni, and reading, and hugs all his friends.

Zane will grow up with a lot of stuff on his plate. He is a child of divorce being raised by a single mom who has Multiple Sclerosis. Doesn't that sound like the background of a future President, Olympic athlete, or Nobel Prize winner? :-)

Happy Birthday, Zane.

3 comments:

  1. And being raised by the RIGHT single mom with MS is all that matters! I think he picked well from the line up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea you fed them cupcakes for breakfast. I don't think my mom ever made me a cupcake. He is going to have such wonderful memories of birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late to the party but Happy Belated BD Z-man!

    ReplyDelete