Sunday, June 01, 2008

June has arrived!

To me, June is the start of summer. I LOVE June. School ends, the weather gets warmer. the kids and I all celebrate birthdays, and I have my clean and sober anniversary.

We marked the first day of June this morning with the flower celebration at the UU church (or as my dad likes to call it "THE CHURCH OF WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW." We hung out on the playground after the service so Ruby and Zane could play and I could talk to Milton parents about moving back. I'm doing a lot of that lately.

Last night, we went to dinner at Bonnie's house. Bonnie was Ruby's family child care provider when we lived in Milton before. The kids had a blast and I rediscovered all the pleasures of lactose-free products. (Bonnie's kids and I share lactose intolerance.)

We enjoyed lots of pool time this weekend, too--taking full advance of the condo pool (think Senior Citizen Melrose Place) before we move on. We went to Ken's for a mini-impromptu cookout tonight. I broke in the eye patch for the drive home at dusk--one of the prime times for my "MS Eye" (Ruby's astute and apt description) to act up and throw off the vision in my good eye.

Happy, happy June! I'd like to write more but I mistakenly killed the keyboard on the laptop I bought off Craigslist. So, instead I'm typing on the ancient iBook my dad gave me. The screen only lights up when the laptop is practically folded closed. It makes it challenging to type. Not that I'm ungrateful. There are people starving in India with no Internet access whatsoever. There are even people still using AOL!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,

    What is the date of your anniversary in June? Mine is June 3rd. This year is the first year I actually forgot this until June 5th. I don't know if this means something. I was 19 when I got sober and this was my 19th anniversary. I used to think that would mean something too. Oh, the things I used to think were important. :)
    I love June also. I would love it if you would come over and have dinner with us before you move back to Milton. I don't know why, but I am feeling like you are moving away to California or Zimbabwe.
    Lastly, I have a bunch of extra keyboards if you need one to conect to a laptop or a desktop.
    Keep in touch.
    Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacup,
    Happy Anniversary,
    I'm calling you on my way home to make that dinner date but I wanted to make sure to respond to your comment here, too.
    I ended up ruining my motherboard (is that a comment on my poor relationship with my mother, my own motherhood skills, or just my inability to nurture my computer appropriately?)
    Hmmmm. Deep thoughts by Sober Julie.
    Lazy J

    ReplyDelete