Monday, September 24, 2007

Sad Sunday

Sunday, September 2, 2007: I woke up at Ken's, looked at the blurry trees and my blurry boyfriend, and remembered.

I cried...we talked and made love.

Ken got ready for church, I got ready for my meeting, and we promised to talk later.

I drove to my meeting...very slowly and carefully, thinking back on all my fenders benders in the last year, and wondered if that was caused by MS. I got coffee and sat in my regular seat up by the speaker. When my lovely friend Karen Teacup came in, it took everything I had not to grab her, drag her into the kitchen, and sob out my story. Well, actually...that's what I did. But I think I waited for her to get her kids settled and get a cup of tea first.

I was soon surrounded by other lovely women, Diane and Ellen I remember...maybe others. They hugged me and said kind things. I felt like I was loved and that my higher power was going to give me what I needed.

After the meeting with speakers I don't totally remember, I went to Karen Teacup's house with Karen, her husband Richard, and their beautiful children, Ariana and Matthew. We ate, talked, and played. I felt like I was loved and that my higher power was going to give me what I needed.
After I left Karen's, I drove to Nurse Gina's. She hugged me, her partner John hugged me, and I hugged their son Jack (Molly and Emma were gone with their dad). After I insisted that I am comforted by information, she looked up MS in her nursing books and read to me about symptoms, progression, types of MS, treatment, etc. I felt very tired, but thought it was emotional. I was still blaming the pain in my arms on the sleep sofa I moved a few weeks earlier. The headache was probably stress...right?

After Gina's house, I went to Borders and bought MS for Dummies which I read in a day.

Sunday night was my last night to sleep over Ken's before the kids came home on Monday. It was really nice to be together, but the fan was still blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment