Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Little Bit of My Kind World

WBUR, Boston's NPR station, has a new series called Kind World. The website describes it best:  "Kind World is a Tumblr that celebrates the kindness in strangers and the profound impact one human can have on another."

When they were looking for stories several months ago, the producer, Nate Goldman, asked a question about random acts of kindness on WBUR's Facebook page. I was surprised when my comment resulted in the Nate contacting me to see if he could record my story.  A couple days ago, several friends contacted me to tell me they thought they heard me on the radio. Here it is! (Please ignore the really bad haircut in this photo. My current hairdresser, Theresa at Eclipse, would be horrified.)


Now tell me your own story of a random act of kindness that changed your life...or maybe just your day.

1 comment:

  1. Nice story, Julie!

    Back in Feb, I had an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic. The night before, about 9 inches of snow fell in the city. Stubborn me, I thought I could use my wheelchair to get to the building of my first appointment. Stupid me, as I got stuck right away. Grateful me, as two employees pushed & dragged my butt & chair through the snow to where I needed to go.
    Blown away by their kindness!

    ReplyDelete