Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A Fatigue Haiku


Waves of exhaustion
Crest, break, threaten to crush me
Hang on. Stay upright.

Fatigue is insidious. I don't know it's there until my eyes are closing with my laptop still powered up and open on my lap. It's like a flash flood that comes out of nowhere. Thank God my rescue boat is only a day away. I have my monthly solumedrol infusion tomorrow and that will help. After tomorrow, I'll be back to normal...more or less, if I let the medicine do its work and not fall into the trap of the steroid high and stay up doing stuff that feels really important at 3am but not so much the next morning. I need to get up early, do some work, get the kids off to school, go to the MS Center, get my infusion, come right home, eat a good lunch, do some more work, eat a good dinner, limit caffeine and sugar, and do relaxing things before my usual bedtime like legs up the wall (yoga) and reading. Let's see if writing that out loud helps me do what I need to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment