Monday, October 06, 2008

Next up on the runway....LAZY JULIE!

Click here or on the picture on the right to order your tickets for the Women Against MS Fashion Plates luncheon and fashion show to benefit the Central New England Chapter of the National MS Society.

I've been selected to be one of the honorees at the MS Society’s Women against MS Fashion Plates Luncheon at the Boston Seaport Hotel on 11/14. I will be profiled in the event program (along with a few dozen other FABULOUS women with MS), there will be a table named after me, and I will be one of the models in the fashion show of Lord & Taylor & Jones New York clothing (they are even doing my hair and makeup!).

This fundraising event will also feature raffles of some pretty awesome prizes, including a trip to NYC, spa packages, and more. The tickets are rather pricey at $100 each but you will get a delicious lunch from the Seaport Hotel and help a cause that is near and dear to my heart—finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

My very close and generous friend, Christina, has agreed to buy my daughter‘s ticket and accompany her to the event. I'm thrilled that Ruby will be able to see her mother celebrated for the authentic way I deal with my MS (mostly with humor and over sharing through my writing).

If you will be in the Boston area on November 14 and can afford the ticket, I would love to have you join Ruby and Christina at the Julie M. Baker table. If you will not be in the area, I would encourage you to visit the website anyway and make a donation in my name. If, like me, you tend not to have extra money to financially support even the causes that you really care about, then please send me your positive vibes/prayers/good wishes that I will be graceful on the catwalk.

If you buy tickets, please make a note somewhere that you’d like to sit at the Julie M. Baker table.

Thanks very much for your support—financial and moral.

4 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be joining Ruby and your friend at YOUR table. How exciting. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never post a comment without previewing it first! My thoughts are with you, coming all the way from Chicago to Boston (my thoughts, that is), and I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! It's nice to know I have support--in the ballroom and online. :-)

    ReplyDelete